President European Federation of NeuroRehabilitation Societies (EFNR)
Co-Chair EAN Scientific Panel Neurorehabilitation
Past President of the Romanian Society of Neurology
Professor of Neurology, Chairman Department of Neurosciences
“Iuliu Hatieganu” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Chairman “RoNeuro” Institute for Neurological Research and Diagnostic
He is member of 16 scientific international societies (member of the American Neurological Association (ANA) – Fellow of ANA (FANA) since 2012) and 10 national ones, being part of the executive board of most of these societies.
Areas of Expertise
Beside Medical Sciences, Professor Dafin F. Muresanu is a specialist in:
Leadership and Management of Research and Health Care Systems (specialization in Management and Leadership, Arthur Anderson Institute, Illinois, USA, 1998 and several international courses and training stages in Neurology, research, management and leadership).
Educational and scientific programs
Professor Dafin F. Muresanu is coordinator in international educational programs of European Master (i.e. European Master in Stroke Medicine, University of Krems), organizer and co-organizer of many educational projects:
- European and international schools and teaching courses
- International School of Neurology,
- European Stroke Organisation Summer School,
- Danubian Neurological Society Teaching Courses,
- Seminars – Department of Neurosciences,
- European Teaching Courses on Neurorehabilitatio
- Scientific events: congresses, conferences, symposia
- International Congresses of the Society for the Study of Neuroprotection and Neuroplasticity (SSNN)
- International Association of Neurorestoratology (IANR) & Global College for Neuroprotection and Neuroregeneration (GCNN) Conferences
- Vascular Dementia Congresses (VaD)
- World Congresses on Controversies in Neurology (CONy)
- Danube Society Neurology Congresses
- World Academy for Multidisciplinary Neurotraumatolgy (AMN) Congresses
- Congresses of European Society for Clinical Neuropharmacology
- European Congresses of Neurorehabilitation.
His activity includes involvement in many national and international clinical studies and research projects
- Over 400 scientific participations as “invited speaker” in national and international scientific events
- A significant portfolio of scientific articles (157 papers indexed on Web of Science-ISI, H-index: 17) as well as contributions in monographs and books published by prestigious international publishing houses.
Prof. Dr. Dafin F. Muresanu has been honoured with:
- 2017 – awarded by the President of Romania, National Order “Faithful Service”
- The University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Iuliu Hatieganu” Cluj-Napoca, Faculty of Medicine, “Iuliu Hatieganu Great Award 2016” for the best educational project in the last five years;
- The Academy of Romanian Scientists, “Carol Davila Award for Medical Sciences / 2011”, for the contribution to the Neurosurgery book “Tratat de Neurochirurgie” (vol.2), Editura Medicala, Bucuresti, 2011;
- The Faculty of Medicine, University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Iuliu Hatieganu” Cluj-Napoca “Octavian Fodor Award” for the best scientific activity of the year 2010
- 2009 Romanian Academy “Gheorghe Marinescu Award” for advanced contributions in Neuroprotection and Neuroplasticity.